THIS POST INCLUDES:
1. Introduction to your Reiki session
2. Before the Reiki session
3. During the Reiki session
4. After the Reiki session
5. Free Download
WHAT ARE CHAKRAS
Chakra translates to ‘wheel’ in Sanskrit. In practice, this ‘wheel’ refers to the 7 main energy centers that exist in our body. These areas are identified as:
- Chakra 1 The Root Chakra – located at the base of the spine
- Chakra 2 The Sacral Chakra – located in the lower abdomen
- Chakra 3 The Solar Plexus Chakra – located in the upper abdomen
- Chakra 4 The Heart Chakra – located in the center of the chest, just above the heart
- Chakra 5 The Throat Chakra – located at the throat
- Chakra 6 The Third Eye – located on the forehead in between the eyes Chakra
- Chakra 7 The Crown – located on the very top of the head Chakra
When your chakras are in alignment, you may feel at your best. Your emotions, energy, physical and mental wellbeing will feel balanced. Usually, a disruption in your emotional, physical, or psychological wellbeing indicates that one or more of your chakras is out of balance. As the chakras are interconnected, the imbalance of one chakra will affect the balance of another. Rebalancing your chakras will help you gain equilibrium back in your life.
Balancing your chakras is not a cure-all for the problems in your life. If you are experiencing relationship or health issues, then these should be addressed using the appropriate tools and resources in your life, whether that be seeking medical advice or connecting with your social supports.
In addition to this help, the benefit of balancing your chakras provides a boost to your overall efforts to center yourself back to improved wellbeing. When we are suffering from any emotional, physical, or psychological problems, it helps if we can use all our resources to address specific issues.
WORKING WITH CHAKRAS
In most cases, working with balancing the chakras will entail clearing a block that exists around the chakra. Reiki is a useful technique to help remove this block as the process does not involve hands on touch. By hovering hands above the physical area where the chakra is found, the energy can activate around the chakra with no impediment from the Reiki practitioner’s hands.
As you work with each chakra using Reiki, position your hands above each chakra for at least 1-2 mins. This will provide enough time for the Reiki practitioner to settle into their position and focus on each chakra. Using the 1-2 min guideline for each chakra means the entire session can take place during a 15-20 min session at a minimum.
Ultimately, it is for the Reiki practitioner to decide when they move on from a chakra or if they repeat the process any number of times.
Time is an important aspect of using Reiki when working with chakras as time allows both Reiki practitioner and the client to relax into the flow of energy as well as allowing themselves to relax and disconnect from the many mental distractions we carry in our minds.
Chakras could become blocked due to short term issues such as a short term illness or disagreement in a relationship, however, they may also be blocked due to long term issues such as chronic pain, or the effects of an abusive childhood over the years.
When long term issues occur, it can take multiple sessions of Reiki to work through the issues. This is where regular practice of Reiki can help. As Reiki is a complementary treatment, it can work well with other long term medical and psychological treatments.
As you are working through the chakras, the most useful Reiki positions are the Sei He Ki (emotional) and Choku Rei (power) symbols. Invoking these symbols over each chakra will help restore energy and correct any imbalance that may exist.
A number of activities can help restore our chakras. Engaging in positive life activities is beneficial to encourage positive energy flow throughout our body. This is relevant for the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of our lives.
Some positive activities that we can engage in to promote positive energy flow are listed below:
- Color therapy
- Conscious breathing
- Gentle physical exercises such as stretching
- Positive thinking
- Art therapy/art journaling
- Formal therapy for mental wellbeing
CREATE A CHAKRA CHART
There are many chakra charts available for free as well as for payment. You can choose to purchase a digital copy or you may want to purchase a laminated version that you can keep in your Reiki room for easy access.
Each chakra chart includes common information about the chakras including name, location, color, element, and its general meaning. Other charts may include additional information referring to physical and emotional effects, treatment, gemstones, and symbolism.
You may like to create your Chakra Chart based on information that is important to you or how you practice Reiki with your clients. We’ve included a chakra chart option below that you may like to use.
Below is a list of the general content about each chakra that we’ve included in our chart. You can use this content to create your own chart design if you prefer.
Chakra 1 The Root Chakra
- Location: Base of spine
- Colour: Red
- Element: Earth
- Purpose: Foundation, survival, and our instinct to protect life.
- Physical: Large intestine, rectum, reproductive system, spine, and kidneys.
- Balancing: Hold your hands for 5 minutes over the base of the spine. Hand positions can also extend to moving around the lower stomach area in general.
Chakra 2 The Sacral Chakra
- Location: Lower abdomen
- Colour: Orange
- Element: Water
- Purpose: Pleasure, sensation, and nurturing are activated.
- Physical: Blood circulation and urinary flow. all reproductive and sexual functions
- Balancing: Hold your hands for 5 minutes over your abdomen. Hand positions can also extend to moving around the lower stomach area in general.
Chakra 3 The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Location: Navel to the breastbone
- Colour: Yellow
- Element: Fire
- Purpose: Power and confidence
- Physical: Pancreas, adrenal glands, digestive system, and upper abdomen.
- Balancing: Hold your hands for 5 minutes over your solar plexus area. Hand positions can also extend to moving around the upper stomach area in general.
Chakra 4 The Heart Chakra
- Location: Heart
- Colour: Green
- Element: Air
- Purpose: Love, relationships, compassion, and acceptance
- Physical: Heart and the surrounding organs including lungs and the thymus gland.
- Balancing: Hold your hands for 5 minutes over your chest and sternum area.
Chakra 5 The Throat Chakra
- Location: Tthroat
- Colour: Blue
- Element: Sound
- Purpose: Communication which includes both expression and listening.
- Physical: Thyroid, throat, neck, shoulders, arms, and hands.
- Balancing: Hold your hands for 5 minutes over your throat. Hand positions can also extend to moving around the shoulder as well as the front and back of your neck.
Chakra 6 The Third Eye Chakra
- Location: Third eye in the center of the forehead, slightly above eye level
- Colour: Indigo
- Element: Light
- Purpose: Intuition, seeing, and foresight.
- Physical: Eyes
- Balancing: Hold your hands for 5 minutes over your eyes.
Chakra 7 The Crown Chakra
- Location: Ttop of the head
- Colour: Violet
- Element: Thought
- Purpose: Knowledge, understanding, and consciousness
- Physical: Cognitive processing, including receiving and processing information
- Balancing: Hold your hands for 5 minutes over your head. Hand positions can also extend to moving around the head in general.
SIGN UP below to receive your FREE DOWNLOAD. Once you enter your email address, you will receive access to the Free Chakra Chart
BUILD YOUR REIKI REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Pin this image to your Pinterest board.
SHARE KNOWLEDGE & PASS IT ON:
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Thank you!