THIS POST INCLUDES:
1. What are the Reiki styles
2. What Type of Reiki should I use
3. Download FREE Summary list of Reiki types
WHAT ARE THE REIKI STYLES
There are many different Reiki styles that extend beyond the traditional Usui Reiki. Each style of Reiki has its own philosophies, symbols, and process of attunement. All Reiki styles follow the fundamental belief in a universal energy that helps emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical healing.
Some suggest there are over 1000 styles of Reiki, with many sub-styles stemming from primary methods of Reiki. Some styles of Reiki have also developed based on geography and the relevant cultural belief’s of each region including Tibet, India, and Egypt.
Below are some more popular styles of Reiki that have developed over time. Usui Reiki is listed first as the primary method of Reiki and the remaining styles are listed alphabetically with no preference given to reported efficacy.
- Usui Reiki
- Blue Star Reiki
- Five Element Seichem
- Gendai Reiki
- Golden Age Reiki
- Imara Reiki
- Jinlap Reiki
- Karuna Reiki
- Kundalini Reiki
- Lightarian Reiki
- Men Chho Reiki
- Prema Reiki
- Rainbow Reiki
- Raku Kei
- Reiki Jin-Kei Do
- Saku Reiki
- Satya Japanese Reiki
- Seichim Reiki
- Shamballa Reiki
- The Radiance Technique
- Tibetan Reiki
- Vajra Reiki
WHAT TYPE OF REIKI SHOULD I USE
Reiki is defined as a universal life force and therefore cannot be explained by a rigid path of learning set rules to receive and give this life force. Instead, Reiki possesses qualities that define it’s techniques.
These qualities are:
1. The ability to give Reiki comes from receiving an attunement. Practitioners develop their ability over time through practice and the use of meditation, however, the attunement is essential to the beginning phase of Reiki practice.
2. All Reiki styles form part of a lineage. This lineage means that the Reiki style, technique, and philosophy has been passed on from Master to the student through the process of attunement.
3. Reiki does not require intellectual attachment to pass on Reiki knowledge, however, it is based on intuitive connection to the energy of life that encompasses us all.
4. Reiki follows the philosophy of do no harm.
If a healing technique possesses these qualities, then it can be considered a style of Reiki that possess the core philosophy of Reiki as a universal life force.
When choosing a style of Reiki to use:
1. find a teacher with experience across various Reiki styles. You may want to choose among 2-3 different masters, however, it’s best not to do this at the same time. Your Reiki learning journey should allow you time to explore your interests intuitively and not be based on a desire to learn all styles as quickly as possible.
2. Open yourself to experiencing various types of Reiki and see if you feel an intuitive connection with a particular style or styles. Use your intuition to develop a sense of what Reiki style works best with your skills, niche, and interest in helping other people who may be experiencing specific issues that can benefit from your preferred style of Reiki.
SIGN UP below to receive your FREE DOWNLOAD.
Download the free guide to types of Reiki Therapy to use as a starting point to explore your understanding of other Reiki styles.
Once you enter your email address, you will receive access to the Free Download in our resources library.
BUILD YOUR REIKI REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Pin this image to your Pinterest board.
SHARE KNOWLEDGE & PASS IT ON:
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Thank you!