THIS POST INCLUDES:
- What is Anxiety
- Benefits of Reiki for Anxiety
- Reiki for Anxiety
- Free Download
WHAT IS ANXIETY
Anxiety refers to how our thoughts and behaviors change from a result of fear and worry. Fear can be described as a response to a threat whether it’s a real or perceived threat, however, anxiety is primarily focused on anticipating a future threat.
We constantly live under some level of stress where anxiety is present, however, we can usually manage our feelings of anxiety through relaxation techniques, exercise, entertainment, or talking with someone.
Typically, the feelings of anxiety occur for a short time, and then our emotions return to a stable level as we continue our day to day routines. In some cases, our anxiety levels can feel more intense and occur over a longer period of time. This begins to have a detrimental effect on our lives and becomes more disruptive to our day to day routines.
While many of us can experience general anxiety on a day to day basis, it can be classified as a disorder once the symptoms are chronic and affect the ability to function in our daily lives.
Anxiety doesn’t always show as the same symptoms for everyone. One person may experience poor memory and avoiding tasks. Another person may show more physiological symptoms such as shortness of breath, sweaty hands, and insomnia.
Common physiological symptoms of anxiety include:
- shortness of breath
- sweaty hands
- poor concentration
- poor memory
- avoiding tasks and situations
Anxiety is a general term with various specific subtypes that fall under anxiety including:
- Anxiety Disorder Due to Another Medical Condition
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Other Specified Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia)
- Specific Phobia
- Substance/Medication-Induced Anxiety Disorder
BENEFITS OF REIKI FOR ANXIETY
Reiki can help disrupt the pervasive thoughts that occur as a result of Anxiety. This can help calm the nervous system and restore your chakra balance throughout your body.
Reiki provides a supportive and safe environment to feel supported with no judgment. The focus is on ourselves and our connection to our emotions. Reiki helps us to focus less on the internal self-criticism we engage in when we think about our behaviors and interactions with others.
Reiki helps to reduce stressful environments and encourage more calm and focused attention to our wellbeing. Once the initial stress is reduced, we can then begin to process our thoughts and emotions with self-compassion.
Reiki can benefit us and reduce anxiety in the following ways:
- Calm the nervous system
- Distract from stress
- Disrupt negative thinking
- Encourage focus on our wellbeing
- Develop self-esteem through self-compassion and self-care
- Reduces over-stimulation
- Release stress
REIKI FOR ANXIETY
Reiki helps us to become calm and reflect on our emotional state. Below is an exercise to help you work through difficult anxious feelings.
- Find a favorite place and create a calm environment.
- Take 5-10 slow breaths to calm your nervous system and become fully present to participate in the exercise.
- Use the Reiki symbol of emotions Sei He Ki (picture A below) over the area where you feel tension.
- After your have completed the Sei He Ki symbol, let your body relax and release all tension.
- Repeat the 5 Reiki principles as a statement of affirmation:
- Today I will not worry
- Today I will not be angry
- Today I will work honestly
- Today I will be grateful
- Today I will be kind to all living things
Once you have completed this exercise, remain for a further 5 minutes to allow your body to relax and restore it’s energy. Keep your eyes closed and focus on your breath coming in and going out.
If you start to have any intrusive thoughts that may increase feelings of anxiety, repeat the Sei He Ki symbol and repeat the 5 Reiki principles as your affirmation.
When you are ready, return to your daily activities with a renewed sense of gratitude and positivity.
SIGN UP below to receive your FREE DOWNLOAD. Once you enter your email address, you will receive access to the Free Client Session Notes Template.
BUILD YOUR REIKI REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Pin this image to your Pinterest board.
SHARE KNOWLEDGE & PASS IT ON:
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Thank you!